With special expertise and experience in family law, he is called upon to make presentations to both professional and lay audiences.
Mr. Nord is a fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, an organization of nationally recognized family law practitioners who are selected by their peers. He has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” and “Leading Minnesota Attorney” each year since the beginning of those awards. To be selected, the attorneys must receive multiple recommendations from fellow lawyers statewide. Fewer than 5% of the state’s attorneys are selected. He was also named one of the “Top 40 Family Law Practitioners” in Minnesota. He served as a judicial officer in St. Louis County, and was responsible for all matters that came before the courts for decision.
Mr. Nord was also selected for inclusion in the Best Attorneys Network, a nationwide distinction, for exemplary work in the area of Family Law.
Most recently, by Order dated February 5, 2018, Mr. Nord was appointed as one of 5 members to a MN Supreme Court work group to evaluate Alternative Dispute Resolution practices statewide and recommend appropriate statewide rules.
Areas Of Practice:
- Family Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Arbitration / Mediation /Early Neutral Evaluation
- Minnesota, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1973
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, 1973 J.D.
- Gustavus Adolphus College, St Peter, Minnesota, 1970 B.A.
Honors and Awards:
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1983 – Present
- Super Lawyer
- Leading Minnesota Attorney
- Top 40 Family Law Practitioner
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- 11th District Bar Association – Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Member
- 1948, Mora, Minnesota, United States of America